On this page
Students who are currently enrolled at QUT and who have a current Medicare Card are able to be seen and be 'Bulk Billed' through Medicare. There will be no charge to you. (Please note: if you are still on your parents' Medicare Card you can apply for one of your own at any Medicare Office - all you require is your birth certificate, passport or driver's licence. For more information please refer to the Medicare Website).
International students who are currently enrolled at QUT are billed directly to their Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) if it is Global Allianz OSHC or OSHC Medibank Private. Norwegian and Swedish students are expected to pay for their consultation on the same day and then claim reimbursement from their government. However, International student's spouses may have to pay a private fee after a Doctors consult.
BUPA Medical Visa Services
BUPAMVS operates medical centres around Australia on behalf of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to provide immigration health examinations to Australian visa applicants.
Medibank Private Representative
A representative of Medibank Private will be available on Gardens Point campus - Level 3, V Block (Library) and Kelvin Grove - Level 2, R Block (Library) on the following days and times.
- Gardens Point
- Monday and Friday, 9.00am to 12.00pm
- Kelvin Grove
- Tuesday 9.30am to 4.00pm; and Friday 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Staff at QUT will be required to pay a private fee on the day of consultation. EFTPOS facilities are available.
- Patients are charged a fee for their consultation, and can claim back most of this fee from Medicare.
- Register your bank account details with Medicare Australia. You can call 13 20 11 or go to a Medicare office or online.
- Staff who hold a Student Card for a NON-fee paying course will be considered as Staff only, therefore will be required to pay a private fee.
Consultation Fees for QUT Staff
QUT Medical Centre does not accept cash. Payment must be made by EFTPOS or credit card on day of consultation.
(*These rates may change at any time without notice).
Kelvin Grove Urban Village
If you live or work in the Kelvin Grove Urban Village you are welcome to use the QUT Medical Centre at Kelvin Grove. You will be privately billed at the same rate as QUT staff for doctor consultations. If you hold a healthcare card you will be charged a discounted rate, at the discretion of the Doctor.